- AUTHOR: Midnight’s Trinity
- TITLE: One
- CATEGORY: Drama, Romance.
- RATING: PG-13 for language and disturbing images.
- SUMMARY: “To me, it feels like I had no choice. None, whatsoever. No choice, no power, no control.” What if you have no choice? Is it still a choice? Neo battles control, regret, purpose, grief, REBARs, and vampires.
- SPOILERS: Reloaded and Revolutions. Big Time. Hell, I’m just spoiling the whole damn trilogy in one fic!
- AUTHOR’S NOTES:
- Would be a good idea to brush up on your French. Also, you might want to read my fic “Weakness”. This is sort of a perverse companion fic to that one. You don’t have to, but there is a line or two in here that might make more sense if you do.
- I feel like this is the most cliched title in this fandom’s history. But reading through, I decided I still had to use it. And I did NOT call it One because Neo is the One. Who do you think I am, anyway?
- I didn’t use asterisks! Take that. Ohhh…those little evil six-pointed stars can kiss my ass. They wouldn’t bug me so much if they didn’t appear so high up on each line…
- * <~ I mean, come on.
- Please note: contrary to popular belief, all punctuation and capitalization in this fic is entirely intentional, even the last one, and I don’t want to hear anything about it. Ha.
- THANKS: To my two lovely betas and half-betas (DS and T-the-G). And much thanks to T-the-G, whose name I am shortening for the sake of protecting her from angry mobs, for providing me with the definition of a REBAR (“Yes. REBAR. Metal reinforcement bars, found often in cement buildings, in highways, and in…Trinity.”) *sobs*
- DISCLAIMER: I in no way, shape, or form own the Matrix franchise and all genius associated with it. However I wouldn’t mind owning Neo. Or Trinity, depending on my mood. ;-P
“How do you do it,
Make me feel like I do?
How do you do it?
It’s better than I ever knew.”
–Stellar, by Incubus
“Maybe didn’t mean too much…
But it meant everything to me.”
–That’s What I Get, by Nine Inch Nails
Choice, Morpheus would say. It always begins with choice.