The Morning After
- AUTHOR: Centaur
- TITLE: The Morning After
- CATEGORY: Romance
- RATING: Uuh… G-ish, PG-ish, somewhere in there. Pretty harmless.
- SUMMARY: A companion fic to Scottishlass’s story, “Serenity“. The morning after “Serenity”, things are bound to be different.
- THANKS: First and foremost, thanks to Scottishlass for giving me the idea for this story as well as permission to write it. And, of course, thanks to Mara Trinity Scully, my faithful editor, without whose stupendous rippage my stories would be little more than a jumble of words on the page…
- AUTHOR’S NOTES: This is a companion fic to the story “Serenity” by Scottishlass. I was reading “Serenity” awhile ago, and as I finished it, the beginnings of some nifty little ideas for a follow-up story began to pop into my head, about what goes through Neo’s mind when he wakes up the morning after “Serenity” takes place. So I got in touch with Scottishlass, and she gave me permission to write this. I drew on “The Lotus Eaters” and “THE BIG ONE” to make sure I fully understood Scottishlass’s characterizations before starting, and she OK’d the story before I posted it. She actually said (and I quote) that “it’s so funny how we write alike—it’s like an X-File!” and I nearly passed out from the compliment. But I want to establish a few ground rules for all you readers out there:
- 1) Do not read this story until after you’ve read “Serenity” by Scottishlass, because it probably won’t make sense. You can link to it through my profile, it’s in my “favourite stories” list.
- 2) Do NOT credit me with ANYTHING regarding “Serenity,” as I had absolutely NOTHING to do with writing it. It’s 100% Scottishlass’s genius. I just liked it, so basically, I’m writing a fanfic of a fanfic here *g*.
- 3) When you read “Serenity,” be kind and leave the Goddess of Matrix Fanfic a review, wouldja? (No, she DID NOT ask me to put that in, I’m doing it of my own accord because damnit, she deserves it!) It’s a fantastic little gem of a piece.
- 4) If this story gives you the urge to write a companion fic for some other story you’ve read, BE SURE TO GET THE ORIGINAL AUTHOR’S PERMISSION BEFORE YOU WRITE IT. I don’t want to be blamed for tons of unauthorized companion fics suddenly appearing on this page…
- Sorry, that was way too long. And now, at long last, I give you…
The Morning After
I wake from dreamless sleep.