- All fics on this site have been tagged with a rating of either G, PG, PG-13, R, or NC-17. This corresponds to the system that we have for rating movies in the USA.
- A G-rated fic is suitable for all audiences.
- An R-rated fic implies that you should proceed with caution if you are under 17 years of age.
- An NC-17 rating implies that if you are under the age of 17, you may not read the fic. Reasons for high ratings include language, violence, gore, sexuality, and intense themes.
- Unfortunately, we have no way to monitor the ages of the people who frequent this site, and thus are forced to leave readers to their own recognizance.
- The staff of The Construct disclaims all responsibility for people under the age of 17 who choose to read R and NC-17 rated stories.
- If you are age 17 or older, you may use the password “iamadult” to access protected R and NC-17 rated stories. By using this password, you claim to be age 17 or older, understand the audience rating cautions, and accept full responsibility for your choice and its consequences.
I was dumbfounded.
The glass doors sliding shut behind me, I followed him down the dirty-tiled aisle.
In another instant, the blinding white light returned. A dizzying sense of spinning. And silence.
I felt a terror I’d never felt before. I felt as if I was falling– (– I’m falling! –) falling down an infinite hole– a blindingly white hole!
But in that instant, when my weapon should’ve fired, the blinding white light returned. (– Did I kill her? –)
The next day, I was instructed to take on another chase… another part of the cold city, but the same escapees… Outside the Alcove Road supermarket, an old woman in a long grey coat noticed a black sportscar screech out of the snow-plowed parking lot. Bracing for the searing agony, I transformed the woman– or did I? I don’t remember…